These are filling products that can be injected, either to remodel certain parts of the face or to obtain the filling of wrinkles, furrows or other depressions of the face. An injection session can be done on its own can be or in parallel with injections of Botulinum toxin to reduce the tone of some muscles responsible for the appearance of wrinkles.
An injection of fillers proposes to correct, by a simple and rapid means, certain signs of aging or disgrace present at the level of the face, by filling or giving volume where necessary.
The most frequently made corrections can be divided into four categories:
- Furrows: nasolabial folds (from the nose to the corner wing of the mouth), marionette lines (the corner of the mouth on both sides of the chin), lip and chin groove…
- Fine lines and wrinkles: forehead, “frown lines” (between the eyebrows), “crow’s feet” (around the eyes), cheeks, chin, “pleated sun” around the mouth.
- Lips: redraw the hem (outline), thicken if they are too thin, or make them look fuller
- Depressions (troughs) or volume of lacks: cheekbones chin and jaw outline, cheeks, nose, scar Aftereffects (acne, chicken pox, trauma …)
Usually these misfortunes will not disappear completely but will be considerably mitigated by the injections. The correction is only temporary and the treatment must be renewed to maintain the result.
Injections, both in women and in men, can be performed as early as 30-35 years old.
The basic principle is theinjection of a fluid in the thickness of the skin or the subcutaneous space to create a volume offilling or augmentation.
Biodegradable products are used . They will gradually and totally be reabsorbed.
BEFORE THE INJECTION :
A specific interrogation will be carried out to find out possible side effects to certain products (example: allergies), to detect elements implying a particular caution (example: herpes in case of labia and peribuccal infections).
No aspirin-based medication and no anti-anflammatory should be taken during the 3 days preceding the injection.
It is best not to drink alcohol or be highly exposed to the sun the day before and the day of the session.
Usually injections are practiced without anesthesia.
We can plan one of the existing methods :
– Emla* Cream: apply a thick layer on the areas to treat at least one hour before the injection.
– Real local anesthesia : obtained by injecting an anesthetic at the beginning of the session itself ensures total insensitivity.
THE INJECTION :
In practice, there are several techniques for injections, and every physician will adopt a method that is safe and that he adapts to each case to get the best results. The amount of product required (number of syringes) is of course varied depending on the number of areas to be treated.
In some cases it is preferable to consider another session a few days or weeks after the first one in order to optimize the result.
AFTER THE INJECTION :
There might be an appearance of edema (swelling) and reddening of the skin. However, the size and duration of the swelling and reddening vary from one patient to the other.
THE RESULT :
A delay of a few days is necessary to appreciate the final result.
The immediate result after treatment is therefore not a reflection of the final result. The injections will have corrected disgraces, thus redrawing in a discreet and natural way the aged and tired appearance of the face. It should be noted that filling injections, in contrast to Botulinum toxin injections, do not impair the mobility of the facial muscles and therefore do not reduce facial expressions.